At Everthought Education, we know that there is more than one way to gain industry-relevant skills; whether that includes previous study, previous work experience. That’s why we offer several ways to recognise this experience, to help you fast-track your studies, and get you into your dream job faster.
If you have undertaken any previous studies, you may be eligible to transfer this credit towards your diploma, which means you may not need to study as many units to complete your qualification. You can apply for a credit transfer as soon as you are enrolled, pending the submission of relevant documents to substantiate previous study. An application for credit transfer should be submitted prior to enrolling in each cluster to avoid being charged for these units.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
What is RPL?
Recognition of Prior Learning, also referred to as RPL, is an experience, knowledge and skill assessment process that allows you to attain a nationally-recognised qualification or statement/s of attainment, based on skills and knowledge you have gained through previous experience. This is recognised as either formal training or informal (i.e. on the job) learning.
- RPL ensures your previous work experience, knowledge and skills are formally recognised.
- RPL minimises the need for formal training or instruction in areas that you already demonstrate competency.
- RPL reduces the amount of time it takes you to secure a full and recognised qualification.
Who can apply for RPL?
Anyone who can demonstrate legitimate experience, knowledge or skills that are relevant to the course of study can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning and/or Recognition of Current Competency. Recognition of Prior Learning assessments are evidence-based, so you must be able to provide evidence of your skills and knowledge for an assessor to deem you ‘competent’. RPL is assessed on a case-by-case basis and not all RPL applications are successful. You will have an assessor who will be able to assist you through the process and answer any questions you may have.
How does the RPL Assessment Process work?
You may be assessed in two stages:
- Written portfolio/CV/Resume—Compile your portfolio of evidence and submit, and
- Recognition interview – Everthought Education will arrange a suitable date and time (via skype, facetime, video teleconferencing) to discuss your experience with one of our qualified assessors at a recognition interview. Your work experience and on-the-job demonstration of skills and knowledge is verified during a discussion with your nominated workplace referees.
For more information about credit transfers or RPL, please visit our dedicated RPL Site